What Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 3.5 cups (28oz) of extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 28.3g (1oz) of finely ground high quality marijuana
- Pour the oil into a large saucepan, a double broiler is preferred.
- Heat the oil on the medium setting and let it warm. Do not let the oil boil.
- Once the oil is hot (not boiling), add the ground cannabis powder. For best results keep the oil just on the verge of simmering, not actually simmering.
- Frequently stir and keep an eye out for bubbles. If the oil begins to boil, remove it from the heat and lower the heat.
- Continue for at least an hour. Ideally, you want the cannabis to soak in the hot oil for about 2 hours.
- Strain the oil using a fine mesh strainer and press to remove all oil from the cannabis into a container. Be sure the oil has cooled enough that you don’t burn yourself! Place in refrigerator to slow down oxidization.
Once you have your Cannabis oil cooled and ready, you can replace it with regular oil in any recipe. Enjoy!