What Equipment You’ll Need:
- Medium sized heavy duty sauce pan/pot with lid.
- Measuring cup.
- Cheese cloth (to strain the butter before cooling)
- Bowl (large enough to hold and cool the Butter)
- Heavy duty plastic wrap
- A freezable container (to store the finished Butter)
What Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1lbs of unsalted butter.
- 2 cups water
- 1-1.5 ounces of premium, middle or low grade Marijuana (this is all going to depend on your strength preference)
- Grind the Cannabis – Its needs to be nice and fine to make butter. You can use a coffee grinder or your hands.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a covered boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add your butter and melt it in the water.
- Reduce the heat and cover pan so the butter simmering.
- Add the ground Marijuana to the pan. Once you add the finely ground cannabis powder whisk and mix it into the pot thoroughly. Make sure the solution is nice and smooth; you don’t want any lumps.
- Replace the lid and simmer on the lowest heat. It’s important when cooking pot butter that you don’t burn the bottom of the pan. (This will REALLY affect the taste of the butter!)
- Simmer and cook for 22-24 hours. This amount of time is important. (It is required to extract the THC from the Marijuana.)
- Once finished take the cannabis butter off the heat.
- Place the cheese cloth over an open bowl and ensure that when the liquid is poured through the cheese cloth only the liquid will go with it. Pour the Marijuana butter from the pan, through the cheese cloth, and into the large bowl.
- In the cheese cloth you’ll have all the remaining bits of Marijuana.
- Squeeze and extract as much of the solution from the cheese cloth and material as possible.
1. Place the bowl with the Marijuana butter into the fridge.
2. Leave it in the fridge until it has set, usually a few of hours.
3. This will separate the fats from the water. (The fat being the Marijuana Butter!)
Removing Your Marijuana Butter and Storing:
1. Scrape out all of the pot butter that’s at the top of the bowl, leaving the water and other stuff at the bottom. (Use a spoon or spatula.)
2. Once you’ve collected all the Marijuana butter discard the remaining liquid.
Place the cannabis butter in air tight containers and place in the freezer (This keeps the marijuana butter fresh and the potency high).